Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> > [...]
> >
> >> Here are my config settings (sourced, not run, by bash when opening
> >> the konsole tab where I shall be doing Tiny compiles):
> >>
> >> export CONF_OPT_ACL='--disable-acl'
> >> export CONF_OPT_GUI='--disable-gui'
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> linux-2iyu:~/.build/vim/vim-hg/src/shadow-tiny # vi --version
> >> VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Dec 17 2017 23:24:04)
> >> Included patches: 1-1401
> >> Compiled by antoine.mechely...@gmail.com
> >> Tiny version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
> >> +acl               -extra_search      -mouse_netterm     -tag_old_static
> >> -arabic            -farsi             -mouse_sgr         -tag_any_white
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> Looking at it now, I just notice that it says +acl in spite of
> >> --disable-acl. Weird.
> >
> > Perhaps you can check the log file to see what happened.
>
> AFAICT, auto/configure sees my --disable-acl switch but it also sees
> that sys/acl.h is "usable, present and here" (in that order) and
> prefers to act on that.
>
> I'm attaching below what seems possibly relevant in my
> ~/.build/vim/vim-hg/src/shadow-tiny/auto/config.log. You might want to
> search forward for /acl\c/ and (possibly backward from there) for
> /^Lines/

The header file is only used when HAVE_ACL is defined.  Which comes
from os_unix.h:

/* We have three kinds of ACL support. */
#define HAVE_ACL (HAVE_POSIX_ACL || HAVE_SOLARIS_ACL || HAVE_AIX_ACL)

Check what is in auto/config.h, search for "ACL"

125. You begin to wonder how often it REALLY is necessary to get up
     and shower or bathe.