On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

> Well, vim.org is down again.  We have had direct responses from
> SourceForge, thus it's not like they don't care.  They try hard to make
> it work, but it still doesn't.
>
> I think it is time we seriously look into the alternative: moving to
> osdn.net.  I would like to have two volunteers who take the current
> website and make it work on OSDN.  Then we can check that it actually
> works there.
>
> The website looks old (it is old), but let's not try to redesign it at
> the same time, since that will take an unknown amount of time.  Thus it
> would mean taking the existing PHP code, setup the database, and
> whatever else is needed to configure it.
>
> Skills required:
> - Experience with PHP and MySQL stuff.
> - Have time available now (and preferably later for maintenance).
> - Trustworthy, be responsible with users private data.
>
> I would prefer at least person we know well from Vim work.
>
> Please respond to this thread if you are interested.

I'm replying privately in order to avoid spamming the thread: I have
time, I think you would find me trustworthy, but all that is
irrelevant because I have absolutely no knowledge of (and, a fortiori,
no experience with) PHP and MySQL (I did some SQL of another flavour,
embedded in COBOL, maybe thirty or so years ago, so I wouldn't count
it as still relevant).

I hope you find someone serious, knowledgeable, trustworthy, with time
available, and preferably known for working with Vim.

Since my mother language is French, I won't wish you go?d lu?k, which
in my mother language is supposed to bring bad luck in and out of
theatre. Bram, "j'te dis merde" (see
https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/merde#Interjection under "(2) Théâtre"
and "(3) Par extension"; see also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_a_leg#Alternative_terms ).