On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 2:55 PM, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

> Is anyone building Vim using src/main.aap?

I can't talk for other people, but I can guess. I think the most
"popular" ways of getting Vim (in no particular order) are the
following:
* Find a precompiled executable with its runtime files, and use that.
* git and make
* hg and make
Maybe some people are still keeping up the source the old hard way, by
downloading a source archive and then using patch and make; but the
patches don't include runtime files, so even these ought to set up
either a git clone or a Mercurial clone, and then use make in it, IMHO
it is less error-prone, and in particular it keeps the runtime files
up-to-date.

If anyone is using AAP to build Vim (I never did), please speak up.

Best regards,
Tony.