Posting this in case somebody else falls down the same rabbit hole I did.

I've compiled vim with gcc -Wextra for many years, uncommenting a line in the
distributed Makefile to enable this and a few other strict warnings.  Yesterday
upon getting the latest source and compiling I got lots, 44, of
-Wcast-function-type warnings.  The warnings are sort of valid; in the case I
looked at there's a mismatch of the number of parameters in a function pointer,
but the missing one is not used anyway.

One of the cases is in GTK code, which we're unlikely to get changed, so I
suppose we should just ignore these warnings.  Other projects are doing this.
So, if one wants to use -Wextra, I suggest adding -Wno-cast-function-type as
well.

Maybe the comment line in the Makefile could be changed.

Regards, John Little