On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 3:28:06 PM UTC-5, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Possibly Vim asks the terminal for the version, and the response can be
> read from the input.  You could make t_RV empty to avoid that.

I don't think this is the right fix.  NeoVim doesn't have this problem for
two reasons that I can tell:

1. maketitle() is called twice in the NeoVim startup process, once in Vim
2. in NeoVim, char_avail() is zero even with the same options as above (-u
NONE --cmd 'set nocp lz title')

I'm not sure why char_avail() returns a different response here.

I'm not sure how to go about setting t_RV to an empty string. I tried the
following:

  VIMRUNTIME=../runtime ./vim -u NONE --cmd 'set nocp t_RV= lz title'

with no success.

--
Jason Franklin