On 31-Jan-2022 07:01, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

I saw your patch only after sending out patch 8.2.4266.  The effect
should be the same.

By the way, are we sure that line 4833 (did_emsg |= saved_did_emsg) is
correct? Shouldn't it be: did_emsg = save_did_emsg?
We don't want to reset did_emsg here.  It's a corner case anyway, the
comment mentions "magic braces":

     // An error in a function call during evaluation of an expression in magic
     // braces should not cause the function not to be defined.

I'm not sure this is true, we usually abort when an error is detected.
But I don't like to change old behavior unless we know why it was done
that way.

No worries.