Originally, I reported this back in 2018. Since then, the documentation for job_start() moved from eval.txt to channel.txt and the text that I'm describing is still there.

In the documentation for job_start() it shows:

        On MS-Windows, job_start() makes a GUI application hidden. If
        want to show it, Use |:!start| instead.

Perhaps the last line should read:

        you want to show it, use |:!start| instead.

[inserting the word 'you' and changing 'Use' into 'use']

Adri