I think test coverage is good but I want to make sure we don't end up
chasing the coverage % as an absolute goal (which just shows *line*
coverage, not functionality coverage). I remember working on some PRs and
rewriting some tests, and discovered the tests I was modifying didn't make
too much sense. Looking through history, it seemed like they were mostly
added to increase test coverage but didn't end up exercising the feature
properly. It would run through the code which triggers the coverage, but
didn't actually exercise the behavior in a way that verified the results or
exercised the edge cases.

I guess what I'm saying is I absolutely think new functionality should be
tested, but if some features are hard to test for the moment, we should
probably leave it untested to make sure the lack of test coverage would
tell us that. The test coverage % is there to give us a basic answer
whether a line is exercised or not but we still need to make sure it's
actually testing the edge cases, etc.