On 14 August 2010 02:19, framallo wrote:

> I was wondering how to config macvim to show attention messages like
> vim on terminal does. Because when macvim shows the mac system dialog
> I have to leave the keyboard and click a button, except for default
> action that I can press return
>
> If I run vim from the terminal:
>
> $ vim ~/vimwiki/index.wiki
>
> E325: ATTENTION
> Found a swap file by the name "~/.vim/tmp/swap/index.wiki.swp"
>          owned by: framallo   dated: Fri Aug 13 18:54:41 2010
>         file name: ~framallo/vimwiki/index.wiki
>          modified: no
>         user name: framallo   host name: maca.local
>        process ID: 6538 (still running)
> While opening file "/Users/framallo/vimwiki/index.wiki"
>             dated: Fri Aug 13 18:53:45 2010
>
> (1) Another program may be editing the same file.
>    If this is the case, be careful not to end up with two
>    different instances of the same file when making changes.
>    Quit, or continue with caution.
>
> (2) An edit session for this file crashed.
>    If this is the case, use ":recover" or "vim -r /Users/framallo/
> vimwiki/index.wiki"
>    to recover the changes (see ":help recovery").
>    If you did this already, delete the swap file "/Users/
> framallo/.vim/tmp/swap/index.wiki.swp"
>    to avoid this message.
>
> Swap file "~/.vim/tmp/swap/index.wiki.swp" already exists!
> [O]pen Read-Only, (E)dit anyway, (R)ecover, (Q)uit, (A)bort:
>
> I would love the same menu with keys to select when I open the same
> file with mvim.
>

> Any ideas?

By (OS X) default Ctrl+F7 toggles the ability to navigate all dialogs
using only the keyboard (nb. on my keyboard I actually have to hold
down fn+control+F7 to toggle).  When enabled the "current" button has
a slight blue highlight around it.  Use Tab to go to the next button
and use Space (not Enter!) to select the highlighted button.

Also, note that all dialog buttons in MacVim have a one-key
equivalent, so in your example dialog you can press O, E, R, Q, A and
it will do what you expect (there is no indication as to which button
to press though...you'll have to guess).  Oh, and this is
case-sensitive if I remember correctly (never use it myself).

Another thing you may want to try is to ":set go+=c" to use Vim-style
dialogs instead of OS X dialogs.

Björn