On 21/02/11 5:17 PM, suniosg wrote:
Hi,
Sorry if this is a silly question. I'm just wondering if developers of
Vim or MacVim, besides Bram Moolenaar, use Vim as a self-creation
tool, for the task of code editing, of course. Or do you use some
other editor or IDE?

For many years, I've been using Vim along with other text editor.
Aware of the power of Vim and wise advice of expert programmers--use
only one and learn to use it well--, I've never decided for just one,
I use both for specific tasks.

Of course we do. Though certainly not all of us, and not all the time. I
myself even use Vim for writing my emails and much of my text for other
documents.

But I use IDEs and other editors from time to time, usually for quickly
putting out spot fires or other small alterations, or for documents that
are very formatting-rich and benefit from a WYSIWIG editor. For
sustained text-editing sessions, I almost always use Vim.

Stick around on the mailing list for a while, though, and you will hear
of people who use Vim for all sorts of things, as well as people who use
other editors too (and sometimes would like Vim to act more like them).

Ben.