I’m using the Janus distribution, with includes NERDTree. My MacVim is
set to open with 152 columns (113, my textwidth, plus space for
NERDTree and line numbers.)

What I want to do, is ensure that when I open new vertical-splits from
NERDTree (or any other way, most specificaly my secondary method of
splitting, which is `-O` from the commandline: `mvim -O "./"
"a_specific_file_to_begin_editing" "and_another_one"`) that the MacVim
window itself resizes to maintain that pattern: 31 columns for
NERDTree, plus 121 columns per vsplit.

So, opening MacVim with two files from the command-line should set the
MacVim window to 273 columns, with three files it should be 394,
etcetera etcetera etcetera. The same rules should apply anytime I open
or close a vsplit with NERDTree or `:q` or whatnot.

Any help with this is appreciated! I’m a vim (and MacVim) noob, but
I’m enjoying what I’m learning so far. :D