Hello,

On 06/06/2011 at 00:06 Eric Weir wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
>
>> On 06/05/2011 at 4:32pm Eric Weir wrote:
>>
>>> I created a .gvimrc and put in my home directory. At present, I've only got
>>> two commands in it:
>>>
>>> set guioptions-=T
>>> colorscheme murphy
>>>
>>> They're not working. MacVim starts up with the toolbar and without the
>>> murphy colorscheme.
>>
>> Use ':version' to inspect the value for "user gvimrc file".
>
> Thanks, Peter. It is "$HOME/.gvimrc". Which I guess is the one I created, and
> has only these two commands.

"guess" is quite vague for "problem hunting".
Please open MacVim and enter command ":e $HOME/.gvimrc" to check if the correct
file opens, i.e. the one that in fact contains the two lines you entered.
If possible use copy/paste to avoid typos.

All I can say right now is, that MacVim evaluates my users gvimrc file
correctly, and it's definitely more than two lines.
And among these lines I do have colorscheme settings and toolbar button
disabling settings as well. So yes, it works. We've just got to figure what's
different on your system.

Additionally: which version of MacVim are you using?

> [While I'm at it, should "colorscheme murphy" be "set colorscheme murphy?]

No. It's correct without "set".
--
Regards,

Peter