The question was posted at Stackoverflow but I didn't get any joy
there yet, the links is ...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8213712/opening-macvim-from-applescript

In summary I'd like to put an Applescript in the Finder toolbar that
when clicked opens a new MacVim window in the directory of the Finder
window. The 'mvim' script does this and this was my best attempt so
far,

on run
    tell application "Finder" to get folder of the front window as
string
    set workingDir to POSIX path of result
    do shell script "cd \"" & workingDir & "\"; /usr/local/bin/mvim"
end run

However, unlike running mvim from the Terminal, this only works once.
Subsequent pushes of the button do not open anew window, instead it
does nothing other than beach ball for a short while. Does anyone know
how I can get the script to run like mvim does from the Terminal?