On Dec 21, 7:53 pm, Wes Baker <w...@wesbaker.com> wrote:
> Just like the subject says, I typically open directories using MacVim
> and either netrw (I think) or NERDTree shows up every time. I'd rather
> it didn't and only showed a blank buffer. Can I do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Wes

I don't know about NERDtree; but if you disable netrw, Vim will give
you an error instead when you try to open a directory: the main
purpose of the netrw plugin is to allow Vim to display the contents of
a directory when you "edit" it.

Now if you just want to open an empty window with the _local
directory_ set to a certain directory, that's a different (and easy)
question:

:new | lcd /foo/bar/baz

or, to save some keystrokes, put

:cabbrev <expr> CD ((getcmdtype() == ':' && getcmdpos() <= 3)? 'new
<Bar> lcd' : 'CD')

in your vimrc then use :CD /foo/bar/baz

to open an empty window and make /foo/bar/baz the current directory.

Best regards,
Tony.
250. You've given up the search for the "perfect woman" and instead,
     sit in front of the PC until you're just too tired to care.