On 23/12/11 14:58, "Jason Felice" <jason.m.fel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When vim builds against a ruby, that will be the ruby it uses regardless
> of rvm or rbenv - so you'll not be able to switch.
>
> I've not had luck building against a non-system ruby, though a co-worker
> was able to do it.

Try using rvm. Then you can switch your Ruby version & if you compile vim in
the same shell, it'll compile with the rvm specified Ruby (the codicil to
this statement is I don't know your compiler status, env, header files
situation & so forth).

If you do install rvm I recommend using the single-user install rather than
the multi-user one. It'll save you a lot of grief further on down the line
if you're the only user of Ruby on your machine.

Cheers,

    Phil...

--
Nothing to see here... move along, move along