Hey all,
I'm working on my first vimscript plugin.  One of the things I want to
do in the plugin is to customize the statusline, but then, at a later
time, be able to restore it.

I've a function called Startup that saves the current statusline:

function! MyPlugin#Startup()
   let s:saved_statusline = &statusline
   " modify the statusline for plugin purposes here
   " ....
endfunction

And, I've got a function called Shutdown, that reverts the statusline
back:

function! MyPlugin#Shutdown()
   set statusline=%{s:saved_statusline}
endfunction

I call Startup first, then Shutdown next.  I get these errors:

E121: Undefined variable: s:saved_statusline
E15: Invalid expression: s:saved_statusline

Any help would be greatly appreciated!