On Jan 8, 8:07 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 January 2012 00:00, Bee wrote:
>

> > I have found a 'problem' with the highlight command in MacVim.
> > MacVim snapshot 53 -- osx 10.4.11
> > MacVim snapshot 60 -- osx 10.6.8
>
> > Neither one respects a gui highlight in .vimrc such as:
>
> > highlight Visual NONE ctermbg=Yellow ctermfg=Blue cterm=Bold
> > guibg=Yellow guifg=Blue gui=Bold
>
> > The same .vimrc works on MacOS with MacPorts gui vim-app 7.3.353 !
> > The same .vimrc works on WinXP with gvim 7.3.386 !
> > The same .vimrc works on Linux with gvim 7.3.372 !
>
> > Since I do not have Lion, and will not any time soon, I can not test
> > more a recent snapshot.
>
> > ** Will this be or has this been changed or fixed? **
>
> > I have added the gui highlight commands to .gvimrc and they work.
>
> > It is just more convenient for them to be in the same highlight
> > command.
>
> You should be able to work around this issue by adding the line
>
> let colors_name = "mine"
>
> to your ~/.vimrc file (substitute "mine" for whatever you like).
>
> The reason why you have to do this is that if colors_name is not set
> MacVim assumes the color scheme hasn't been modified and sets its own
> custom color scheme.
>
> Björn

Thank you for the suggestion.
At first I thought that worked, statusline, linenr, incsearch now all
work.

But then I tried to turn on/off syntax highlighting and got an error
message:

E185: Cannot find color scheme mine

If I use a .gvimrc for the gui highlight commands, all my colors work.

Ah but for one glitch, if I toggle syntax highlight (which works), the
linenr and statusline change to something else (not mine).

None of this happens on MacOS gui vim-app, Linux gvim, WinXP gvim,
MacOS terminal vim, or Linux terminal vim.

Bill