On Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:37:33 PM UTC-5, björn wrote:

> I had a look at this and it turns out that it sort of already works to
> cycle through windows in native full-screen.  The catch is that it
> only works if you cycle to another window once before entering
> full-screen.

Can you explain a bit more? Are you saying that you can cycle between
MacVim windows in different spaces in the usual way, i.e., CMD-`? I can't
get even this to work in MacVim (or any other program I've tried, including
Terminal.app), and that seems to be independent of whether or not any of
the windows are fullscreen. So I was inferring that the problem was that
(a) cycling between windows in different spaces doesn't work in Lion
(except via the icon clicking trick); (b) a native fullscreen window is in
its own space; (c) the dock isn't available in fullscreen, so the clicking
trick isn't available either. But it sounds like you are saying that (a) is
wrong, or only true for you in certain circumstances?

> It almost seems like a bug in Lion: if I enter and immediately exit
> full-screen, then it is no longer possible to cycle to another window
> (even though I'm out of full-screen).

Okay. Yes, I've noticed this too, and it does seem like a bug. But I wasn't
able to replicate it in Terminal.app or Chrome.app, so I'm not sure it is a
Lion bug.

> If I click on another (MacVim-)
> window when the current window is in this state, then I can cycle back
> and everything works (even in full-screen).

I can replicate everything about this except the "even in full-screen" bit.
What once again works for me, after I click on another MacVim window is
cycling between windows within the current space.

> I've tried to work around this bug by setting
> NSWindowCollectionBehaviorParticipatesInCycle at various places in the
> code, but no luck so far.  Not really sure what to do about it, but it
> seems that some hack is in order to get this working.
>
> I'll let this rest and ask that somebody else takes a look at it.

Sounds reasonable. At this point, I am wondering if I have some system wide
setting that is blocking cycling through windows in different spaces in all
my applications, and is unrelated to the apparent bug you describe above.

I should mention I am running MacVim built using homebrew, from commit
9fbcbadb0, dating back to January 10th.

David