I'd decided to try out VimRePress for my blogging needs, so I went
through the usual install process with my stock MacVim under Homebrew
and *kaboom*! I get errors about shared modules (I don't have the
exact errors because I found a solution - but not an ideal one).

So, I found Paulo Poiati's excellent blog post here:
http://blog.paulopoiati.com/2012/02/07/installing-vimrepress-in-macvim-osx-lion/

on how to get things going, but you're stuck using the default
versions of Python etc that come bundled with MacOS X.

Quite honestly, this stinks, for a number of reasons, chief among them
being that I don't like to have to run sudo to install random Python
scripts, and also because I like to keep the stock Python, Ruby, etc
stock, because various other things depend on them.  Also, I end up
missing the more recent versions that Homebrew provides.

So, has anyone managed to build MacVim under Homebrew with Python/Ruby
support using the Homebrew supplied versions of these packages?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

-Chris

--
Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpa...@gmail.com | AIM: