I opened a file (foo.f90) with macvim that had the .f90 suffix.  Then,
I realized I wanted it preprocessed.  [No jokes about fortran ...
space shuttle quality stuff ... man]. So in terminal, I moved the file
over to be foo.F90.  Of course,  MacVim notifies me that the foo.f90
files does not exist any more.  So I ":q" that tab, and command-T for
a new tab.
Then I type ":e foo.F90" in the new tab, and the buffer appears blank,
with the file name listed as "foo.f90".  Back to the lower cased
suffix.  If I starte a new macvim session: $mvim foo.F90, it opens up
fine.  Any insight?  Some buffer voodoo?

Btw..thanks for all the help.