On Jun 23, 2013, at 1:56 PM, gmn <dv1...@wayne.edu> wrote:

> I would certainly have done so, but not being a programmer, I didn't
> know that that is in fact the correct solution. For all I knew, there
> may have been a very good reason for there to be two different, meaty
> configure scripts.
>
> Therefore I tried to provide as much info as seemed relevant for
> helping you to diagnose the problem.  I apologize that it was a flood.

This is often a problem of a sweet spot type.  Sometimes you need a flood of
info, others a quick note that there is a problem.  A tip that's worked for me
in the past is that you put a quick and concise summary and then the flood of
details after.  This way the readers don't get lost and can look up particulars
if needed.

Also,  if you get a vague reply and details were spread across a thread it is
helpful to send a recap email.

---