On Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:15:46 PM UTC+2, Martin Finke wrote:
> Setting wildignore seems to make it impossible to open ignored files at
> all...for example, let's say we're ignoring the pattern: "*.min.js" because
> we don't want minified files to turn up in searches and when using :e. With
> this pattern ignored, it's not possible to open a file like "jquery.min.js",
> even when double-clicking in Finder or dragging the file onto the MacVim
> window. It will just show an error "E479: No match".
> Is there a way to solve this?

'wildignore' ignores files matching the pattern when using |wildcards| in
Ex-commands that take a filename, or in expand(), glob() and globpath(). You
can always open the file by typing its full name without wildcards, e.g.

        :e jquery.min.js

or by clicking it (or hitting o) in a netrw window (after "editing a
directory").

Best regards,
Tony.
--
signal(i, SIG_DFL); /* crunch, crunch, crunch */
                -- Larry Wall in doarg.c from the perl source code

---