On Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:52:19 AM UTC+1, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> On Friday, November 1, 2013 9:29:03 PM UTC+1, Albert Zeyer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to be able to click on URLs I see in MacVim so that it opens the URL
> > with the responsible application (e.g. a http link with my default
> > browser). How can I do that? Is that possible?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Albert
>
> A valid URL cannot include spaces (they must be replaced by %20), so if it is
> itself between spaces, "+yiW (with the cursor anywhere on it) will yank it to
> the clipboard. Similarly "+yi< or "+yi> if it is between <>, etc., see ":help
> object-motions". Then you can paste it into your favourite browser's URL bar.
>
> This question (or at least this answer) applies to vim (compiled with
> +clipboard, of course) on any platform, not just on the Mac, so it should
> have been asked on the vim_use group.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a
> "Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.
>               -- Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks for the answer.

But I really want to click on it with my mouse cursor. Also, it should not be
pasted to the clipboard; I want it to open the responsible application right
away automatically. As if you click a link in any other application.

This is MacVim specific, I think.

Best regards,
Albert

---