Oh never mind. Stupid me. This does the job:

map <silent> ∂ :silent! !open -a safari
/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib.framework/Versions/5.2/Resources/Manual/<cfile>.html<CR>

*www.peimankhosravi.co.uk <http://www.peimankhosravi.co.uk> || RSS Feed
<http://peimankhosravi.co.uk/miscposts.rss> || Concert News
<http://spectralkimia.wordpress.com/>*

On 2 January 2014 22:54, peiman khosravi <peimankhosr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running this command works as expected:
>
> :silent !open -a safari
> /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib.framework/Versions/5.2/Resources/Manual/<cfile>.html
>
> But when I assign the same command to a key the 'silent' bit seems to be
> ignored and I get "Press ENTER or…". (See attached screenshot.)
>
> Is this normal? And how to avoid it?
>
> I've defined the key command in the folder ~/.vim/macros and it reads:
>
> map ∂ :silent! !open -a safari
> /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib.framework/Versions/5.2/Resources/Manual/<cfile>.html<CR>
>
> Thanks
> Peiman [image: Inline images 1]
>
> *www.peimankhosravi.co.uk <http://www.peimankhosravi.co.uk> || RSS Feed
> <http://peimankhosravi.co.uk/miscposts.rss> || Concert News