Has anybody here tried setting the 'clipboard' setting to 'unnamedplus' with
good results?

Here are my experiences, contrasted with what I've come to expect from my time
on Ubuntu. I have the following in my .vimrc:

" Default clipboard to "+
set clipboard=unnamedplus,exclude:cons\|linux

On Ubuntu this worked exactly how it's described in `:help 'clipboard'`: the
'*' register is used for yanks, deletes, changes, and puts. On OS X, however, I
think I'm seeing a bug: it doesn't work for yanks (though it still works for
deletes, changes, and puts.)

I'm running Mavericks, and I've tested this with both terminal vim (iTerm2 +
homebrew's build of vim) as well as MacVim. I've also tested it with `vim -u
NONE --noplugin` to rule out any configuration issues.

Does anybody have any suggestions, aside from pbcopy, visual-mode and/or
mouse-based selection, or any esoteric re-mappings?

---

Side note: it looks like there's a bug in the documentation, which I'm not sure
how to best report: `:help clipboard-unnamedplus` says that I can check for
availability via `if has('unnamedplus')`, and yet 'unnamedplus' is seemingly
not a "feature", so it returns 0 for me.

---