[preemptive apologies if this a double posting: I would have sworn I have
posted this before, but the message never displayed in my browser]

While playing around with my plugin configuration, I today had both Unite.vim's
file source, when set to use the selecta sorter, and NeoBundle's Unite based
vim script search function spew script errors (about using Float as string in
deeply nested functions) at me. The reason I post this here is that, after
searching for the cause by disabling all my rc config and plugins, I finally
realized the error _only_ happens when MacVim is launched via the app bundle.
OTOH, when launching MacVim from the terminal (via mvim or
/path/to/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g),  the same commands work fine,
without any errors.

Changing other parameters (bypassing vimrc and gvimrc, disabling all or
selected plugins, using maps vs. direct commands) does not affect the outcome
one iota. Also, there are no console logs, and the plugins use different
scripting the interfaces (the selecta sorter uses ruby, NeoBundle is VimL all
the way). The only factor I can pinpoint is start by OS X bundle handling via
start from the shell, and the only difference I can find that makes is process
ownership:

1. when started via app bundle, MacVim owns Vim (and is owned by launchd):
errors occur
2. when started via terminal, Vim owns MacVim (and is owned by launchd): no
errors occur

Running MacVim snapshot 73 (Vim 7.4.258) on OS X 10.9.2

---