Hi vim users,

I want to use all the great features  of vim version 7 for redhat
enterprise linux 4 (comes with vim 6.3) - so i downloaded the sources
and compiled.

But now I am missing some great features - can anybody tell me how
they can be invoked (or tell me where I can find a neat .rpm that has
all the stuff)?

* command completion in command mode: doesn't work because I get for
example ':set ignorec^I' (vim writes ^I instead of completing to ':set
ignorecase'

* I can't browse the file system: e.g. ':e.' gives vim message: '"."
is a directory' which is completely true but not what I wanted to
achieve ...

Thank you very much for your help!