On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 04:25:46AM EST, Jürgen Krämer wrote:

Excellent catch!

> you don't have 12 spaces after your nnoremap command, do you? I.e.,
>
>   :nnoremap <Space> i<Space><Esc>____________

My mistake, there are thirteen of them :-)

> where every underscore means a literal space character. If that's the
> case and the 'whichwrap' option includes a lower case 's' your mapping
> would move 12 characters to the right, continuing in the next line if
> the current line is not long enough.

I certainly do.

Now, let me read all about the 's' in 'set whichwrap' and see if I can
get rid of it - since I'd rather like to keep a comment in my .vimrc,
like so:

nnoremap <Space> i<Space><Esc>             " what this does..

I don't suppose I could escape all these spaces and stick with my
current whichwrap?

CJ