2010/1/4 Yongwei Wu <wuyong...@gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/4 Nicholas Cole <nicholas.c...@gmail.com>:
>> I'm using the latest version of MacVim (returning to Vim use after a
>> long time using another editor on the Mac).  Since I last used vim
>> properly, native spelling checking seems to have been added (a very
>> welcome addition - the days of fighting with plug-ins are over!).
>>
>> Is there a dictionary available that gives the British spelling but
>> with the -ize variants?  en_gb isn't right for me, since I'm using Vim
>> to write documents for publishers that require the 'academic'
>> spellings.
>
> As far as I know, the en_gb dictionary allows the -ize spelling, and I
> use it as my default language.  If, in addition, you want to mark the
> -ise spelling as an error, you may try the en_ca dictionary.  The
> variants are all in the English dictionary shipped with Vim (at least
> this is the case on Windows).

Alternatively, it's not that hard to make your own spell file.  I
created my own British spell file by editing the MySpell ones and
removing all the references to -ize (as I wanted the more commonly
used in England -ise spellings but not the -ize ones).  It was very
straightforward, the instructions are here:

    :help spell-mkspell

Al