On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 08:18:12AM EST, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 08:57:36AM EST, Minh Duc Thai wrote:

> > Hello Chris,

> > I've attached example files and my .vimrc configuration file. Hope
> > you or someone can help.

> > Thank you!
>
> > Bột bột
>
> It looks like you sent this to me directly instead of the list.
>
> CJ

Hmm well.. your .virmc apparently did not make it to the list.

In any case, it looks like I am able to recreate your problem here or at
least getting similar resultts.

I tried changing the printfont to GNU/unifont, which I know has a glyph
for U+1ED9 -  :set printfont=unifont - and I was still getting the same
results. I tried other fonts and it looked like my 'printfont' settings
were silently ignored.

Then I saw this, under :help postscript-printing:

| There are currently a number of limitations with PostScript printing:
|
| - 'printfont' - The font name is ignored (the Courier family is always
|    used - it should be available on all PostScript printers) but the
|    font size is used.

I'm not sure how I could determine what font might correspond to 'the
Courier family' but it looks like it's defaulting to a font that  has
no support for anything beyond U+0100.

Maybe s/o could shed some light on this?

Anyway, I was able to print your sample by invoking the paps converter:

| :%w ! paps --font="arial 8" --paper letter | lpr     " proportional

| :%w ! paps --font="unifont 10" --paper letter | lpr  " monospace

You may need to install paps on your linux system since it's not part of
Vim, and then you could give this a try, possibly dropping the '--paper
letter' switch if you want 'paps' to default to A4.

Let me know if this helps,

CJ