Excerpts from KKde's message of Tue Jan 19 11:42:40 +0100 2010:

> > -> :h garbagecollect()
>
> Ok. I understood through garbagecollect we can cleanup unused lists or
> dict. My question is will VIM will automatically recover the memory
> once the complete function completes?
I'm not going to give any more repies to this thread.
You should just read the documentation:

garbagecollect([at_exit])                               *garbagecollect()*
                Cleanup unused |Lists| and |Dictionaries| that have circular
                references.  There is hardly ever a need to invoke this
function, [..]

And if you don't trust Vim why don't you prepare a test case? Use a 40MB
file and read it over and over again? If memory consumption increases
you should file a bug report. However I've never heard that this is a
problem for anyone. So I think everything is fine. And if you really
have a problem map :mksession and restart Vim.

Marc Weber