Jean Johner wrote:
Hello,
Windows with default _vimrc.
Consider a directory with 2 files (file1 and file2) which open at line
1, column 1 when typing gvim file1 (or gvim file2).
Now, type:
1)
gvim file1
:e . (to list the current directory)
Put the cursor at the position of "file2" in the list using the arrow
keys (say line 10, column 1). Type enter.
Result: file2 is opened with the cursor positioned on line1, column 1
(OK)

2)
gvim file1
:e . (to list the current directory)
Click on "file2" in the list (say line 10, column 4)
Result: file2 is opened with the cursor positioned on line10, column 4
(which is unexpected in my opinion).
Hello, Jean:

I didn't see this effect when I disabled viminfo and some restore-position code in my .vimrc. Please try this with

simple.vimrc:
set nocp
filetype plugin on

vim -u simple.vimrc file1