On Friday 11 March 2011 13:42:55 Jeroen Budts wrote:

> Normally I don't use folding, because I don't really like it
> (i set nofoldenable in my vimrc), but this is a nice case of
> when it can be useful as this does indeed do exactly what i
> was looking for!

i seldom use folds but when i encounter them i make use of a
mapping i think i got from Charles -- it's a fold toggle:

nnoremap <silent> <space> :exe 'silent! normal! '.
((foldclosed('.')>0)? 'zMzx' : 'zc')<cr>

should be all one line if your mail client wrapped it, and you
can use anything if you don't want to use <space> for this

sc