On 08/04/11 17:08, Eric Weir wrote:

On Apr 8, 2011, at 12:52 AM, Magnus Woldrich wrote:

Here's my setup:

                      IRC: irssi with vi-mode [0] and ii [1] with vim [2]
                      PDF: apvlv [3]
                    Shell: zsh with  set -o vi
                    Music: mpd [4] with Pimpd [5]
                    Video: mplayer
                 Readline: set editing-mode vi
                           set keymap vi-insert
                  Browser: Firefox with pentadactyl [6]
             Writing Mail: mutt, with editor set to vim

In addition to my other handicap -- not being a programmer -- I'm old. Don't if
I'll get where you are before my life ends. Just getting comfortable with Vim
as an editor is challenge enough for now.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

Don't let age worry you. I've turned 60 in January, an age one of my grandparents never reached, and yet one of my goals in life is to die young -- as late as possible.

To me, one of the exciting things about Vim is that although you can get rather comfortable with it in a short time -- after completing the vimtutor sequence, say -- there are always new things to learn about it, and even if someday I get to know all the contents of the present help on the tips of my fingers, and what all that means and how to apply it, by that time some additional exciting new features will have been added, so it never becomes "something old and dull". For instance everything in version7.txt was added since I first became seriously interested in Vim, and what a thrill it was when each one of these new features appeared!

Best regards,
Tony.
48. You have a tatoo that says "This body best viewed with Netscape 3.1
or higher."