Main use of vim - preparing music scores with mup. Copying scores in
is easiest with a spreadsheet, but once that's done it's over to vim
to sort it all out
Then comes drafting translations or new content for docs - using vim
on a portable and writing mml to be finished with FrameMaker once I
get home to the desktop. (mml is also the secret weapon for getting
clean content out of certain proprietary word-processor formats)
Thirdly, tagging plain-text for an .fb2 e-book reader - remembering,
gratefully, the colleague who taught me about regex many years ago

My take on the learning curve and the documentation? it's a bit tricky
to learn vim _and_ editing at the same time, but if you come to vim
because you know what you want to do and you're looking for a
competent tool to do it ... my editor of choice. Quibbles? can't find a
"run to end of file" for macros; and sometimes have problems with
accented characters when I move a file between platforms, though
that's not vim's fault.

Niels Grundtvig Nielsen
You know what you're talking about - I can help you say it
www.kbss27.be