On 5 May 2011 20:40, Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schm...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>> Looking for ctags in
>>>
>>> /usr/local/bin,/usr/bin,/bin,/opt/bin,/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.4.5,/usr/lib/subversion/bin,/usr/games/bin

>>> /usr/bin/ctags: unrecognized option '--recurse'
>>>        Try `/usr/bin/ctags --help' for a complete list of options.
>
>> Looks like the --recurse option don't exist.
>> I have vim 7.3.50 and ctags 5.7
>
> Looks like the script is finding /usr/bin/ctags, which is not Exuberant
> ctags 5.7 (which doesn't give the kind of error message above), but the
> ctags that comes with emacs (which does). Maybe you need to reorder your
> $PATH or something.

Agreed.  It's one of the items on my wishlist to allow explicit
customisation of the path to ctags (in case multiple versions are
installed), but I haven't done this yet.  Do you have exuberant ctags
installed?  If so, where is it in the path?  If rearranging the path
is an option, then I'd suggest that.  Otherwise, I'll try to get that
fix done as soon as I can.

Al