Tony Mechelynck wrote:
On 19/04/11 09:36, Alexander Stepanov wrote:
Monospace fonts... That's very said. Thank you for explanation.

If you mean "very sad", this is due to the fixed size of the character cell in gvim, something so fundamental to Vim's mode of operation that it is not going to change.
---
        Please don't continue to spread this misinformation.  While the
current Vim may not support proportional fonts, it is already true that
Vim "fundamental mode of operation" has changed and supports displaying
characters that take more than 1 character cell.  I.e. your information
is already outdated. To say that Vim couldn't be further enhanced to accommodate proportional characters, in a similar way, could easily be seen as
saying "Bram" isn' intelligent enough to figure out how to enhance vim
in this way.  Since Vim already support character sets with multi-width
characters, I see no reason why that method couldn't be extended to support
proportional characters. I.e -- instead of the current editor's support for 1 or 2-width chars, one could use 1-10 width chars, with an 'i' taking 1 width, and an 'M' taking 4-5, and asian chars taking 8-10.

        Please stop claiming vim could never support multi-width
character sets, as it already does support bi-width character sets.

-l