On 2011-05-16, Philipp Marek wrote:
> Hello Gary,
>
> I found the problem.
> It was "set lisp" that caused indentexpr to be ignored.

Congratulations!  I'm glad you found the answer, and thanks for
posting your discovery.

> Sadly that's only documented in the lisp option, and not in indentexpr ...

Good point.  It sounds like adding a sentence to the help for
'indentexpr' is in order:

    May be overridden by the lisp indentation algorithm when
    'lisp' is set.

It also sounds like the help for = should be changed as well, maybe
by changing the reference at the end of the second sentence.

    When the 'equalprg' option is empty (this is the default), use
    the internal formatting function (|C-indenting| and |lisp|).

I know that the section on C-indenting refers to 'lisp', but it's
not at all obvious at this point in the text that anything having to
do with LISP would be found under C-indenting.

What do you--or anyone else--think?

> Thank you!

Any time.

Regards,