On 08/30/11 10:08, Joey Beninghove wrote:
Also, it's still very early, but I'll definitely need some
presenters lined up, so let me know if you're interested in
giving an online teaching session for VimConf.

While I acknowledge it's still early, it might be helpful to know what sorts of expectations exist for participating (whether as a presenter or as a participant), e.g.

- whether one can present/participate purely via audio, or whether video is expected; and whether any video would be of the presenter or of slides (or both)

- the supported participation platforms: Vim users are likely to have a more diverse set of platforms (I'm a Debian & Ubuntu GNU/Linux user for the most part)

- time-lengths for presentations (5-min "lightning talks" vs. 30-60min full-length)

- are there plans for parallel tracks, or just a sequential number of presentations (which I'd prefer over parallel tracks)

If reasonably feasible, I'd be glad to present on any number of topics in my bailiwick (there was a request on FB for top VimGolf scorers to dissect select solutions; and I tend to reach for Ex solutions rather than scripting).

-tim