On 09/07/11 20:14, Kelly Dean wrote:
I'm looking for something to count keyboard command
invocations in Vim, like the following for Emacs:
http://code.google.com/p/ergoemacs/source/browse/trunk/packages/keyfreq.el

The purpose is to record how frequently I use the various
commands.

I'm interested particularly not only in counting aggregate
usage of "d", "c", and "y", but also the individual motions
following them, e.g. "dw" vs. "dW" vs. "dt." vs. "d$", and "j"
vs. "gj", and particular versions of equivalent commands used,
e.g. "d$" vs. "D". Has such a program been published? I've
searched but found nothing

I don't know of anything that already exists, but if I were to develop something, I'd make use of the "-w" startup parameter:

  vim -w keystrokes.out some_file.txt

  :help -w

which records every keystroke into the given file. I know that VimGolf.com does something like this to score solutions.

-tim