On 18/09/11 16:40, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
I start a buffer not belonging to any specific filetype. I type some
random stuff and then do
:highlight Normal ctermfg=green
I get green letters. But if instead I do
:highlight Normal cterm=bold term=bold
I don't get bold text. What am I doing wrong ?

After setting the Normal highlight as above, does hitting Ctrl-L change anything? (If it does, there's a missing redraw somewhere).

Best regards,
Tony.
173. You keep tracking down the email addresses of all your friends
     (even childhood friends).