On 15/10/11 05:28, Peng Yu wrote:
Hi,

I language use {} to denote function, class, etc. I can use % to jump
between the beginning and end of a block of code. But python doesn't
use {}. I'm wondering if there is a way to do so in python?

Python uses indenting, and nothing else, to define code blocks. For some it is a blessing, for others a curse, but that's the way of Python.

Maybe you could use 'cursorcolumn' and place your cursor on the first nonblank in a line to see which statements are at the same indent level.

Or (assuming a 'foldmethod' of "indent" which seems about right for Python), you could play with folding and unfolding the current block: when the containing block is unfolded and the block of interest is folded, it's quite obvious where the latter starts and ends.

Best regards,
Tony.
199. You read this entire list of symptoms, looking for something
     that doesn't describe you.