On 15/10/11 23:54, kageska wrote:
How do I change the color of the tab stops in Vim? Everytime I hit tab
to align the text in my code it goes red. Is there a way to turn this
off?

With 'list' off, hard tabs should be coloured the same as whitespace, unless they have a "special" meaning in the filetype in question, e.g. as column separators in a tab-separated database or at the left margin in a Makefile. The following command may help you determine which highlight group(s) apply at the cursor location:

if has("user_commands")
    command -nargs=0 -bar WhatSyntax
      \ echomsg synIDattr(synID(line("."),col("."),0),"name")
        \ synIDattr(synIDtrans(synID(line("."),col("."),0)),"name")
        \ synIDattr(synID(line("."),col("."),1),"name")
        \ synIDattr(synIDtrans(synID(line("."),col("."),1)),"name")
endif

With 'list' on, the ^I representing a hard tab if "tab:" is not included in 'listchars', or the two characters specified after that colon (and alternating at a frequency of 'tabstop' with one of the one and between zero and (&tabstop - 1) of the other) if it is, are highlighted with the SpecialKey highlight. How that highlight is displayed depends on your colorscheme (if any). By default it uses blue foreground against the default background.

See
        :help 'list'
        :help 'listchars'

Best regards,