On 03/11/11 06:47, ozhan fenerci wrote:
Dear List,

I have remapped "up-down-right-left" keyboard keys. It is like

Vim Mappings My Mappings
----------------------------
h-move leftk
j-move downb
k-move upn
l-move rightl

I have remapped these keys in the .vimrc file to work in insert mode and
control mode.

    "Normal Mode
    noremap h b
    noremap j n
    " noremap l l
    noremap n k
    noremap b j
    noremap k h
    "Insert Mode
    imap <C-space> <esc>
    imap <C-l> <right>
    imap <C-k> <left>
    imap <C-n> <up>
    imap <C-b> <down>

It works but in Insert mode "<C-b><down>" has a slow response time from
other mappings. It is not as fast as other mappings. I wonder what I am
doing wrong.

Regards,
Ozhan

Not sure.

The following may or may not help you, it probably won't hinder you:

        :set timeout timeoutlen=5000 ttimeoutlen=100

where:
- the times are in milliseconds
- ttimeoutlen should be shorter than the time between two keypresses at your fastest typing speed but longer than the time between successive bytes sent by the keyboard driver for a multibyte keycode (such as most non-printing keys) - timeoutlen should be longer than the time between the successive keypresses in the {lhs} of a mapping (if you have mappings with a multikey {lhs}) at your slowest typing speed, but still not too slow so you can wait for a mapping to time out if you do _not_ want to trigger it.

See:
        :help 'timeout'
        :help 'timeoutlen'

Best regards,
Tony.
--
The Heineken Uncertainty Principle:
        You can never be sure how many beers you had last night.