On 20/11/11 04:42, zhang listar wrote:
I have installed gvim72 on my system but gvim can't find all the fonts
installed on my system.
How to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

You can't, unless you're using gvim with GTK2 (on X11 which normally means Unix-like but not macvim) and even on GTK2 non-monospace fonts look ugly, because the fixed characer cell makes "thin" letters (i, l, etc.) look too widely spaced, and it makes "thick" letters (m etc.) appear cramped.

When built with a widget set other than GTK2, gvim will only accept monospace fonts. This includes Windows and macvim.

Also, Vim 7.2 is obsolete by now. Vim 7.3 was released on 15 August 2010, and since then it has already received 353 bug fixes, see http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/README

On Windows, I recommend "Vim without Cream", the "Vim" package available (separately from Cream) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files/

On Mac OSX, I recommend macvim, but you should get the details from the vim_mac list, I don't know them.

On Linux and other Unix-like systems other than Mac OSX, I recommend compiling your own Vim, see
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm

Best regards,
Tony.