On 04/12/11 18:07, IL HAN wrote:
Hi,
I use VIM 7.1
OS: Linux (kernel version 2.6.34)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
When I hold down the [CTRL] key and press the 's' key simultaneously (both in command mode or insert mode), since then, any key and any command doesn't work. And I cannot escape from that state.
What does ^S work?
I don't know if this is a bug or not.
But even if you think this isn't a bug,
this is inconvenient and dangerous for me.
I sometimes press ^S mistakenly.
(Especially when I press "^W, s" or ^D.)
Can you please, fix it?
or let me know how to escape from that state if you know that.
:help ^S yields

CTRL-W CTRL-S                        *CTRL-W_CTRL-S*
:[N]sp[lit] [++opt] [+cmd]                *:sp* *:split*
        Split current window in two.  The result is two viewports on
        the same file.  Make new window N high (default is to use half
        the height of the current window).  Reduces the current window
        height to create room (and others, if the 'equalalways' option
        is set, 'eadirection' isn't "hor", and one of them is higher
        than the current or the new window).
        Note: CTRL-S does not work on all terminals and might block
        further input, use CTRL-Q to get going again.
        Also see |++opt| and |+cmd|.

--

  .~.     In my life God comes first....
  /V\         but Linux is pretty high after that :-D