Ben Fritz wrote:
On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:24:35 PM UTC-5, dotancohen wrote:
I just installed the Showmarks [1] VIM plugin. Now, when opening files
the entire file is highlighted in orange! rming the
~/.vim/plugin/showmarks.vim file does not return VIM to it's previous
state, the files are still highlighted in orange. What might have
happened, and how might I fix it? This is on a CentOS 5.x machine.

[1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=152

This may be a stupid question, but did you restart Vim after removing the
plugin?

Another item - you might want to try removing .viminfo, too.

I haven't had any problems with showmarks, myself. I suggest clearing up your problem and trying showmarks again. Did the problem occur after you typed :ShowMarks ? That would suggest that it is, indeed, the showmarks plugin causing the problem.

Regards,
Chip Campbell