On Monday, July 16, 2012 4:13:23 PM UTC-5, Douglas Mayle wrote:
> Thanks for the tip on <expr>, I hadn't known about it!

> Long story short, I was using &#39;autoclose&#39; to do what delimitmate
> does, and was looking to add the CR expansion myself.  It turns out that
> delimitmate does everything that autoclose does, with smarter handling of
> matching (e.g. dm: I&#39;m versus ac: I&#39;&#39;m), and adds the
> functionality as you&#39;ve mentioned.</div>

> The only caveat was that SuperTab (which I don&#39;t use, but was hanging
> around in my bundle directory) conflicts with delimitmate, and so I had to
> remove it.</div>

> In any case, I&#39;ve got exactly what I was looking for, so thanks!</div>

> Cheers,</div>
> Doug

By coincidence I was also trying to fix the problem that these two plugins
conflict by both defining a imap for the enter key.
The closest I got was to add the following to a file after/plugin/

imap <silent> <cr> <Plug>delimitMateCR<C-R>=<SNR>34_SelectCompletion(1)<CR>

this would be the mapping defined by delimitmate followed by the mapping
defined by supertab.
This solution doesn't really work, whenever I press enter two new lines are
entered and the braces in the expansion are not correctly aligned.
The other way around doesn't work (when I put the mapping from supertab before
the mapping from delimitmate).

Right now I gave up on the mapping for delimitmate and I am just using the
mapping for supertab and additionally have the following map:

if anyone has any idea on how to have the <cr> key work for both plugins it
would be nice, otherwise I'll stick to this mapping, once I get used to it is
not bad.

Best Regards,

Jorge