Shay wrote:
> After 39 years of doing things the hard way, I'm committed to
> trying the easy way. For Python, I've been experimenting with
> WingIDE, but am having a hard time getting used to the loss
> of editor functionality. I'm using the WingIDE vim
> "personality", but WingIDE is not a dedicated text editor and
> cannot approach vim in that respect.

I am not a serious Python programmer, but I do enough to make a
purchase of the personal WingIDE worthwhile. I find it is
easiest to just edit in Vim, then if things go bad, run Wing to
find a bug. I switch back to Vim (Alt-Tab), edit, then switch
back to Wing, which reloads the source with no fuss, and carry
on. Not very clever, but it works. I also use 'ctags *.py' to
make a tags file every now and then.

John