Mats Bertil Tegner wrote:
>> I generally read newsgroups in evolution. The server I use is
>> eternal-september.org, that claims to "provides free read and
>> write access to all text newsgroups.". I can read others in
>> google groups like in comp.lang.*. But vim_use is not there.
>> Can anyone managed to subscribe vim_use in
>> evolution/thunderbird? (I am not interested in RSS)
>
> Sending an email to vim-subscr...@vim.org should do the trick.

No, only an individual can subscribe (and if someone managed to
subscribe an external service that allowed anyone to post, I
imagine that a manager would unsubscribe the sevice when the
inevitable abuse occurred).

The OP provided a quote about text newsgroups. However, this
mailing list is a Google Group, and while Google pretended they
were similar at one stage, in fact they are totally different
because, among other things, most newsgroups are unmoderated.

John